What you could consider for your submission
There are a number of different ways to approach your submission.
For example you could comment about: the legal/technical matters within the Trust Deed; the way the Trust Deed has been operationalised by the TRONPnui Group; or big picture issues. Here are a list of things you could consider (but not necessarily be limited to):
- Representation model, including the number of directors and the requirement for noho kaenga representation (click here to view Rohenga Tipuna representation model)
- day to day running of Te Runanganui o Ngati Porou (click here to view the 2016 TRONPnui Annual Report)
- organisational structure including the relationship between the Runanganui and its subsidiary entities (click here to view organisational structure). Please note: If your submission includes views on the structure of the Group, we encourage you to think about ‘function’ (ie. what you want the Group to achieve), rather than just ‘form’ (ie. what it would look like).
- provisions relating to members living outside of the rohe
- election procedures and policies (click here to view Elections 2015 guide book)
- membership criteria and procedures (click here to find out about the Ngati Porou Register)
- running of general meetings ( click here to read the Trust Deed)
- provisions and policies in place to manage conflicts of interest (click here to read the Trust Deed)
- the current tax structure of the Runanganui and group entities
- alterations to the Trust Deed (click here to read the Trust Deed)
- accountability and transparency
- communication and engagement with Ngati Porou
- distribution of resources
- the value and place of Ngati Poroutanga within TRONPnui Group
We need your whakaaro!
Your whakaaro and feedback is crucial in helping to create the future shape and direction of Te Runanganui o Ngati Porou. As some Trust Deed Review conversation starters, we encourage you to think about:
- What are the positive things about TRONPnui? What are the negative things?
- Are there some things TRONPnui SHOULD be doing, that we are not doing?
- Are there some things TRONPnui are doing, that we should STOP DOING or IMPROVE upon?
- What do you think about the current structure and representation model?
- What is it you want to see, that you are not seeing at the moment?
- Are there some better or alternative things we could be doing with our time and resources?
- Is it satisfactory the way that TRONPnui are governing and managing your assets and resources? Or are there improvements that can be made?
If you have any ideas or suggestions that you think would help improve TRONPnui or solve any challenges that you believe the organisation faces, please let us know.
However if you don’t have a solution in mind, kei te pai. You can let us know the result or outcome you want from TRONPnui, and then tell us to figure out how to make that happen.
For more information about the TRONPnui Trust Deed Review:
- Tel: 0800 NPOROU (0800 676768)
- Email: email@example.com
- Web: www.ngatiporou.com/trustdeedreview
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TeRunanganuioNgatiPorou/
- Read: TRONPnui Trust Deed
- Download: "Join the Korero- Trust Deed Review" booklet
- Download: Submission Form
- Complete: Online Submission Form