The Ngati Porou register is a register of Ngati Porou people maintained by Te Runanganui o Ngati Porou. By registering on the database, you are:
- acknowledging your whakapapa and connection to Ngati Porou me ona hapu
- eligible to vote in Runanganui elections (if you are 18 years old or over)
- eligible to stand for election on Te Runanganui o Ngati Porou Trust Board
- able to update yourself on Ngati Porou developments
- able to have you say and contribute to, inform and influence the runanganui to effectively plan for the future.
How do I register?
Registrations can be done online or you can download or pick up a registration form from our TRONPnui offices in Gisborne or Ruatoria.
I need to check my registration details are correct?
If your contact details have changed since you first registered, click here to update your information.To check if you are registered or have any other query relating to registration call the office on 06 8649 004 or click here to send us an email.
Does registration with Ngati Porou mean I can’t register with another iwi?
No, if your whakapapa supports affiliation to another iwi, you can register with that iwi too.
Is information contained on the tribal register supplied to anyone else?