With great sadness, we farewelled in November our whanaunga and TRONPnui Board Representative, Heni Tawhiwhirangi.
Heni was one of two directors elected in 2015 to represent Rohenga Tipuna 3 and with her passing a vacancy on the TRONPnui Board needs to be filled.
Nominations for a new Representative are being sought from Rohenga Tipuna 3 for the remainder of the current Board’s term, to late-2019.
This requires a formal process and Rohenga Tipuna 3 registered members, 18-years and over, are entitled and encouraged to participate.
Rohenga Tipuna 3 marae are Tinatoka, Kakariki, Porourangi, Te Horo and Tikapa and encompasses the area Pohautea ki Te Onepoto.
If more than one eligible nomination is received, an election by Rohenga Tipuna 3 voters will be held to determine their new Representative.
Nominations close March 5.
Eligible nominees must:
- Be on the TRONPnui register and be 18 years of age or older.
- Have, as part of their registration with TRONPnui, selected a primary affiliation to one of these marae within the Rohenga Tipuna 3 electorate: Tikapa, Te Horo, Waiomatatini, Kakariki or Tinatoka.
- Be nominated by five adult members also registered in the Rohenga Tipuna 3 electorate.
There are conditions that disqualify persons from being nominated. Please check the Nomination Form for further details.
Nominations must be submitted on the official Nomination Form by the due date, complete and fully signed. Nominations close at 5:00pm on Monday 5 March 2018.
The Nomination Pack can be downloaded by clicking here or can be collected from Te Puni Kokiri, 299 Gladstone Road, Gisborne.
If you would like a Form posted to you, please contact the RT3 Returning Officer:
Te Puni Kokiri
Email email@example.com (please provide your postal details).
Completed Nomination Forms can be delivered to the RT3 Returning Officer:
- email firstname.lastname@example.org
- post to the RT3 Returning Officer, PO Box 140, Gisborne 4040
- courier or personal delivery to the RT3 Returning Officer, 299 Gladstone Road, Gisborne.
Be advised that, if more than one eligible nomination is received, an election by Rohenga Tipuna 3 voters will be held to determine their new Representative.
Further information will be provided should this occur.
To register and check details
If you are registered in Rohenga Tipuna 3, please contact:
Ngati Porou Register Administrator
Ph 06 864 9004