The Ngati Porou register is a register of Ngati Porou people maintained by Te Runanganui o Ngati Porou. By registering on the database, you are:
- acknowledging your whakapapa connections to Ngati Porou Iwi, hapu and marae.
- eligible to vote in Te Runanganui o Ngati Porou elections (if you are 18 years old or over) and other voting proccesses.
- eligible to stand for election on Te Runanganui o Ngati Porou board of directors.
- able to recieve up email panui dates and postal updates from Te Runanganui o Ngati Porou.
- able to have your say about the future direction of Te Runanganui o Ngati Porou as the organisation's ultimate shareholder.
How do I register?
Registrations can be done online or you can download or pick up a registration form from our TRONPnui offices in Gisborne or Ruatoria.
I need to check my registration details are correct?
If your contact details have changed since you first registered, click here to update your information. To check if you are registered or have any other query relating to registration contact Hiria Shaw, Ngati Porou Register Administrator at the TRONPnui office in Ruatoria. Tell 0800 67 67 68 or email email@example.com
Does registration with Ngati Porou mean I can’t register with another iwi?
No, if your whakapapa supports affiliation to another iwi, you can register with that iwi too.
Is information contained on the Ngati Porou register supplied to anyone else?