About Nati Insure
"Ma te hoe tahi i te waka"
Te Runanganui o Ngati Porou and Aon New Zealand have collaborated to form a collective Iwi insurance scheme for Ngati Porou marae, individuals and businesses. Nati Insure was established, first and foremost, to support nga whanau me nga hapu o Ngati Porou to protect our most precious taonga – our marae. By leveraging off our combined purchasing power, Nati Insure provides competitive pricing and policy coverage for marae and Iwi members.
"Ma te mahi tahi, ka ora ai te iwi"
About Marae Collective Insurance
Our marae are the heartbeat of our whanau and our communities. They provide a gathering place for our people to celebrate, to hui, to wananga and to mourn, Protecting these precious taonga for future generations is the kaupapa behind Marae Collective Insurance. By working together, marae can lower their annual insurance premiums, minimise potential safety risks and share the advantages gained from collaboration.
Benefits for Marae
• Savings: Substantial savings and/or increased policy coverage on standard Marae Insurance premiums.
• Subsidies: Receive further reduced premiums. Te Runanganui o Ngati Porou will help subsidise marae who join the Marae Collective Insurance scheme, by passing along commissions from Iwi insurance policies.
• Experience: Direct access to Aon’s experienced insurance team based in Gisborne, for efficient and responsive client service.
• Peace of mind: The Marae Collective Insurance scheme is supported by Aon CPF, a joint venture between Aon New Zealand, the largest insurance broker in the country, and three of New Zealand’s largest and most trusted insurers: NZI (lead manager), Vero and Allianz. So if something unforeseen should happen, your marae has the security of being covered by not just one company, but three.
Marae Collective Insurance – Cover at a glance
• Taonga (artworks)
Marae Insurance Premium Comparisons
*These are indicative totals only, and will depend on policy coverage. Please discuss with Aon further.
What does our marae need to do?
• Complete an application and check list process with Ngati Porou Marae Kaitakawaenga (Leeanne Morice) from Te Runanganui o Ngati Porou.
• Provide an insurance valuation document (dated two years old or less).
• Assist with arrangements for an onsite visit by
the Marae Collective Insurance team.
• Work alongside TRONPnui and Aon to minimise insurable risk, which may involve participating in various initiatives eg. Fire safety planning.
Need more information?
If you have any further patai about Marae Collective Insurance or would like to make an initial appointment, please contact:
Ngati Porou Marae Kaitakawaenga
Te Runanganui o Ngati Porou
1 Barry Avenue
Call free: 0800 833 502
Mobile: 021 871 829
"Ahakoa he iti, he taonga"
About Iwi Insurance
Iwi insurance provides competitively priced domestic and business policy coverage for Ngati Porou Iwi members. In addition to protecting personal taonga, Iwi Insurance also helps to tiaki our collective taonga – our marae. Commissions recieved from all Iwi Insurance policies help subsidise Ngati Porou Marae within the Marae Collective Insurance scheme.
Benefits for Iwi members & businesses
• Convenience: A simple registration process can be completed online (for domestic policies only) or by picking up the phone (for domestic and business policies). Please note registrations online will be available within the next few weeks.
• Less fees: No additional administration or interest fees (if monthly premium payment options are selected).
• Experience: Direct access to Aon’s experienced insurance team for efficient and responsive client service.
• Help support Ngati Porou marae: All Iwi Insurance commissions received by Te Runanganui o Ngati Porou will be passed on to subsidise the premiums of marae within the Marae Collective Insurance scheme
Iwi Insurance – Cover at a glance
- House and contents
- Motor vehicle
- Income protection
- Mortgage protection
- Ask us about our other policies covered under this scheme.
What do I need to do?
• Make contact by calling 0800 266 426
• Identify as a Ngati Porou Iwi member when you sign up.
Need more information?
If you have any further patai about Iwi Insurance please contact:
Aon Account Broker
Call free: 0800 266 426