On 3 February 2018 TRONPnui publicly notified its process to seek eligible nominees for the vacant Rohenga Tipuna 3 Representative position on the Board. The nomination process closed on Monday 5 March 2018 but, unfortunately, no fully completed nomination forms were received. TRONPnui is therefore obliged to re-run the nomination process.
The Rohenga Tipuna 3 casual vacancy must be filled by a formal process in which the Board has deemed the following persons may participate:
- Adult members (18 years and over) who were enrolled to vote in Rohenga Tipuna 3 at the time of TRONPnui’s last board election in 2015.
- Adult members who registered with TRONPnui after the 2015 elections, and who selected a primary marae affiliation to one of the five marae in Rohenga Tipuna 3: Tikapa, Te Horo, Waiomatatini, Kakariki or Tinatoka.
Nominations are therefore sought for the vacant role of Rohenga Tipuna 3 Representative on the TRONPnui Board.
Eligible nominees must:
- Be at least 18 years of age, registered on the TRONPnui register and selected a primary affiliation to one of five marae within the Rohenga Tipuna 3 electorate: Tikapa, Te Horo, Waiomatatini, Kakariki or Tinatoka.
- Be nominated by five adult members who are all registered to the Rohenga Tipuna 3 electorate.
Nominations must be submitted on the official Nomination Form, completed in full, and accompanied by additional supporting documents, by the closing date. The additional documents are a Ministry of Justice Criminal Records Check form, brief CV, and brief candidate statement.
Nominations close at 5:00 pm on Monday 7 May 2018, without exception.
It is advisable that completed Nomination Forms and additional documents be submitted to the Returning Officer as early as possible to ensure there is time for any errors to be corrected.
The Nomination Pack can be downloaded from here (see documents to download at the end of this panui) or can be collected from Te Puni Kokiri, 299 Gladstone Road, Gisborne.
If you would like a Nomination Pack posted to you, please contact the RT3 Returning Officer:
Te Puni Kokiri
(please provide your postal details).
Completed Nomination Forms and additional documents can be delivered to the RT3 Returning Officer by:
- email: email@example.com; or
- post: address to the RT3 Returning Officer, PO Box 140, Gisborne 4040; or
- courier or personal delivery: address to the RT3 Returning Officer, 299 Gladstone Road, Gisborne.
Be advised that, if more than one eligible nomination is received, an election by Rohenga Tipuna 3 voters will be held to determine the new Representative. Further information will be provided should this occur.
To register and check details please contact:
Ngati Porou Register Administrator
Ph 06 864 9004
For all general enquiries ph 0800 676768 or (06) 867 9960