“Te Pakaritanga o te Whanau” (the strength base of Whanau) is the theme underpinning this year’s Te Runanganui o Ngati Porou annual report.
The publication represents a broad range of activities conducted by Te Runanganui o Ngati Porou Group over the last financial year, and includes korero from Te Runanganui o Ngati Porou board & operations, Toitu Ngati Porou, Ngati Porou Hauora & Ngati Porou Holding Company, Pakihiroa Farms and Ngati Porou Seafoods Group. The report also contains full financial statements, with relevant commentaries, for the 2015/2016 year.
HUI A TAU
The annual report has been released 9 days ahead of the 2016 Te Runanganui o Ngati Porou Hui a Tau (Annual General Meeting). Ngati Porou whanau and hapu members are encouraged to attend the upcoming hui which will be held on Saturday 26th November at Uepohatu in Ruatoria.
The Hui a Tau is one of the major highlights on the Ngati Porou calendar, and provides the most direct opportunity to hear straight from the elected representatives and senior management of Te Runanganui o Ngati Porou Group. The AGM also provides the opportunity for whanau and hapu members to:
- recieve reports, minutes and financial audited accounts from the Group's governance and managers who have been appointed to administer the Iwi's $200 million plus asset base.
- ask questions, seek clarification and raise matters of interest about the organisation’s activities over the past year and future plans.
For Ngati Porou Iwi members who cannot make it to the hui but would still like to participate, they can listen live from anywhere around the world via Radio Ngati Porou or watch the video webstream at ngatiporou.com from 10am onwards.
WEEK LONG SPECIAL BROADCASTS ON RADIO NGATI POROU
From Friday18th to Friday 25th November Ngati Porou will be broadcasting live interviews with TRONPnui Group representatives in the lead up to the Hui a Tau. Chief Executive, Herewini Te Koha, will be the first kaikorero to be interviewed during RNP’s Nga Take o Te Wa show, and will be followed the next week by other representatives from the Group.
- Friday 18th November- Herewini Te Koha (TRONPnui Chief Executive) from 11am – 11.30am:
- Tuesday 22nd November - Teepa Wawatai (Ngati Porou Hauora Chair) from 10.15am - 10.30am
- Wednesday 23rd November - Amohaere Houkamau (Toitu Ngati Porou Chair) from 10.30am -11.00am
- Thursday 24th November – Matanuku Mahuika ( Ngati Porou Holding Company Chair) from 10.15 – 10.30
- Friday 25th November- Selwyn Parata ( TRONPnui Chair) from 10.30 – 10.45
- Saturday 26th November- TRONPnui Hui a Tau Live broadcast from 10am onwards.
The interviews provide the opportunity for Ngati Porou to hear the key highlights from each of the main reports directly from the representatives themselves. Also if whanau members have any questions they want RNP to ask each rep, they can do so via RNP’s facebook page.
If you have a patai you would like RNP to ask Herewini Te Koha go to the RNP fb page and look out for Herewini’s post.
TRONPnui 2016 HUI A TAU
- DATE: Saturday 26th November
- VENUE: Uepohatu, Ruatoria
- KAPU TI: 9.30am
- HUI STARTS: 10am
The agenda for the hui is as follows:
- Karakia, mihi, apologies, opening statement.
- Approval of Minutes for Te Runanganui o Ngati Porou AGM held 29 November 2015.
- Report on the operations of the Ngati Porou Group for the 2015/2016 Income Year.
- Presentation of Annual Report and audited Consolidated Financial Statements for the Ngati Porou Group for the 2015/2016 Income Year.
- Presentation of the Five Year Strategic Plan and progress of the Annual Plan of Te Runanganui o Ngati Porou.
- Appointment of Auditor for the 2016/2017 Income Year.
- General Business.
Lunch will be provided.
The annual report and full financials are available to view online. Hard copies of the report will be available to pick up from Te Runanganui o Ngati Porou’s Gisborne and Ruatoria offices from Friday, 18 November 2016.
TRAVEL TO TRONPNUI HUI A TAU AVAILABLE FOR COAST & GISBORNE BASED RESIDENTS
If you would like to attend the upcoming TRONPnui Hui a Tau, van transportation within the Ngati Porou rohe will be available.
- Please contact Tammy McIlroy on 06 867 9960 if you have bus and/or AGM enquires.