The Ruatoria Community with the support of Te Runanganui o Ngati Porou are hosting the 2018 Ngati Porou Inter Marae Sports Festival on:
Wednesday 3rd January 2018
at Ngata Memorial College, Ruatoria.
The kaupapa of the Ngati Porou Inter Marae Sports festival is to:
- Strengthen our whanaungatanga as Ngati Porou.
- Create a fun, relaxed and safe environment for whanau (mokopuna, tamariki, matua and tipuna) to play together.
- Promote healthy life style practices.
- Fundraise for our Marae whilst capitalising on friendly inter-marae rivalry.
- Run off some of the Christmas/New Year excesses.
- Increase Ngati Porou whanau and hapu participation in sports and recreation activities.
The emphasis is on "participation" not "competition" and we will be providing some incentives to boost the inter-generational interest and participation.
All enquiries should be directed to: