Te Runanganui o Ngāti Porou are conducting 8 consultation hui with Ngāti Porou on proposed mechanisms to recognise and give effect to the aspirations o ngā hapū o Ngāti Porou in relation to Ngāti Porou WaiMaori (Freshwater) and Te Mana o te Wai (tikanga based approach to freshwater restoration, governance and management).
- Saturday 1st August, 10am-12.30pm, Hinemaurea marae, Hicks Bay (Rohenga Tipuna 1)
- Sunday 2nd August, 10am – 12.30pm, Rahui marae, Tikitiki ( Rohenga Tipuna 2)
- Sunday 2nd August, 2pm- 4.30pm, Te Horo marae, Waiomatatini (Rohenga Tipuna 3)
- Saturday 15th August, 10am-12.30pm, Waiparapara marae, Tokomaru Bay ( Rohenga Tipuna 4)
- Sunday 16th August, 10am – 12.30pm, Mangahanea marae, Ruatoria ( Rohenga Tipuna 5)
- Sunday 16th August, 2pm- 4.30pm, Rongo-i –te-kai marae, Ruatoria ( Rohenga Tipuna 6)
- Saturday 22nd August, 10am- 12.30pm, Te Rawheoro marae, Uawa ( Rohenga Tipuna 7)
- Sunday 23rd August, 10am- 12.30pm, Iritekura marae, Waipiro, (Hui a Iwi)
Each hui will be conducted in two parts.
Part 1 – Facilitated by Ngati Porou WaiMaori working party
- Update on progress made in acting on and responding to the 5 resolutions endorsed by ngā hapū o Ngāti Porou at the hui held in January 2015.
- Explanation and discussion on the proposed Joint Management Agreement (JMA) between TRONPnui and the Gisborne District Council (GDC);
- JMA – what is a JMA
- What will a JMA do?
- Present a proposed framework for the work streams for ngā hapū o Ngāti Porou and Te Runanganui o Ngāti Porou in giving effect to Te Mana o te Wai.
Part 2 - Facilitated by the Gisborne District Council
- A presentation on the draft Gisborne District (GDC) Freshwater Management Plan
- Seek feedback from ngā whānau me ngā hapū o Ngāti Porou on the proposed GDC Freshwater Management Plan
- Advise timeframe for the GDC Freshwater Management Plan
For more info please contact:
Rapaea Parata, Te Runanganui o Ngati Porou
Ph: 06 867 9960, Cell: 021 863 114
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD NGATI POROU WAIMAORI AUGUST HUI 2015 PANUI
Background WaiMaori Information