11 Jul 2015
Ahia is the new smoked fish range introduced by Ngati Porou Seafoods Group. A great place to start your journey into the Ahia world of freshly smoked fish is the Ahia Smoked Salmon range. For more information visit www.ahia.co.nz.
- 350g dried fettuccine
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 1⁄2 onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 glass of Gisborne Chardonnay
- 1 cup cream
- 1 tsp fresh or dried dill
- 1 tbsp drained capers
- 200g Ahia smoked salmon
- Juice of lemon
- Sea salt and cracked pepper
- Cook 350g dried fettuccine in a large saucepan of boiling salted water according to packet instructions or until al dente (Firm to bite). Drain and put aside
- Heat a little olive oil in a thick bottomed pan, add onion and crushed garlic clove, cook until soft and translucent. (Do not burn).
- Stir in the glass of chardonnay and the cream and reduce until a sauce-like consistency – the sauce should lightly coat the back of the spoon. This should only take a couple of minutes to reduce.
- Add to the cream sauce, 1 tbsp drained capers, chopped dill and the Ahia roughly chopped smoked salmon. Add pasta, and toss until well combined. Hint: You do not want the pasta to be sitting in a bath of sauce, the dish is better if the sauce is clinging to the pasta. If pasta is dry and more cream if desired.w
- Serve with a squeeze of lemon and top with some parmesan cheese and a sprinkle of chopped dill and or chives. Goes very well with crusty bread.